The AVF Health Policy Committee, in collaboration with the SVS and AVLS have been busy advocating for our patients and our members. This week, we submitted comment letters to CMS (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services) to address several significant regulatory issues. The first addresses a long-standing non-coverage decision regarding catheter based mechanical embolectomy for Pulmonary Embolism. The second addresses a proposed severe further reduction in the reimbursement for radiofrequency ablations over the next two years, based on an erroneous assumption about the prices we pay for RFA catheters. By raising our collective voices on these important issues, we hope push our agenda of educating the regulators and ensuring access to these vital services for our Medicare and Medicaid patients. Please take a moment to review these letters and feel free to add your voice with direct communication to your legislators in support of these important issues.
- The Merger: AVF + AVFF = AVF
- CMS Proposed Physician Fee Schedule (PFS): The Rest of the Story
- You Care About Patients. AVF Cares About Patients. Who Cares About You? AVF and SVS Lobby Congress For You and Patients
- 2022 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule Proposed Rule
- AMA COVID-19 Vaccine Messaging Guide
No comments to show.