Patient Education Brochures
The American Venous Forum has developed a series of patient education brochures to assist physicians and patients. These could be displayed in waiting rooms, patient exam rooms, or given directly to appropriate patients. Each trifold brochure addresses a particular topic or treatment:
- Varicose Veins
- Non-Thermal Ablation
- Thermal Ablation
- Venous Ulcers
Written by leading venous experts, each brochure includes:
- Description of medical condition being treated
- Description of treatment
- Benefits and risks of specific treatments
- Treatment process and setting
These brochures are available for order through ShopAVF in packs of 50.
Patient Consent Forms
Responding to requests from our members, the American Venous Forum has developed a set of standardized patient consent forms for the following procedures:
- Vein Laser Ablation
- Radiofrequency Ablation
These consent forms are provided to AVF members at no charge and to non-members for a nominal fee thanks to the support of the AVF Foundation and its generous donors.
These are available for download in PDF format from ShopAVF using the following link and may be reproduced or incorporated into your practice’s EHR.
Clinical Pocket Guides
The American Venous Forum has produced a series of pocket guides based on recently-published clinical practice guidelines. Conveniently sized and spiral bound to fit in a lab coat, each pocket guide is designed to be a quick, easy reference for a specific clinical practice guideline. The first in this ongoing, growing series include:
- Compression Therapy after Invasive Treatment of Superficial Veins of the Lower Extremities
- Appropriate Use Criteria for Chronic Lower Extremity Disease
- Endothermal Heat-Induced Thrombosis (EHIT) Classification and Treatment
These pocket guides are available for order through ShopAVF
The Healthy Veins Book: Understanding Varicose Veins and Leg Swelling
Provide your patients the answers they need about their vein disease and its treatment.
- 40 comprehensive chapters organized into 3 main sections: Varicose Veins, Deep Vein Disease—Blood Clots, and Leg Swelling
- Edited and written by leading practitioners
- Straightforward, patient-friendly language
- Frequently asked questions
- Many 4-color photos and drawings of anatomy, conditions, and treatment techniques
- Comprehensive index and glossary
As editor John Blebea, MD, MBA, FACS, former chair of AVF’s Patient Education Committee, states, “AVF wants to ensure you have a reliable, consistent source to help with patient communication. This book will be central to your patient education efforts….”
Watch AVF’s website and other media for more information about how to obtain this important resource. It will be available as a book for you to provide to your patients or for them to order directly as well as in a downloadable digital format.
Special pricing will be available to encourage members to use in patient education.
The Journal of Vascular Surgery:
Venous and Lymphatic Disorders is the official journal of the American Venous Forum and is published in partnership with the Society of Vascular Surgery®. The JVS-VL aims to be the premier international Journal of medical, endovascular and surgical management of venous and lymphatic disorders. Members of the American Venous Forum receive a digital subscription to the JVS-VL and have the option of upgrading to the print version.