Research Grant Opportunities Now Open!
Submission Deadline: Extended to September 15, 2023
2024 AVF Basic Science Research Grant
Provides a 1 year, $15,000 grant for an original research project in venous disease addressing one or more of the following:
- Venous or lymphatic physiology
- Venous or lymphatic pathologies, including but not limited to thrombosis, valvular dysfunction, ulceration
2024 AVF-JOBST Clinical Research Grant
Provides a $85,000 grant over two years for original, clinical research in venous diseases, lymphatic diseases, or lipedema with an emphasis on:
- Prevention of disease and its progression
- Diagnosis of disease
- The science of management of the above conditions, especially with compression therapy
2024 AVF-BSCI Translational Research Grant
Provides a $85,000 grant over two years for an original, translational research project in venous disease addressing:
- Nonthrombotic venous obstruction
- Venous thromboembolism
- Superficial venous insufficiency
Other AVF Research Grants
- AVF-NIH/NHLBI Grant– The AVF invites individuals who have been awarded an NHLBI K08 or K23 award for research with importance to venous or lymphatic disease to apply for up to $25,000 in supplemental funding.
- AVF-Janssen Fellowship – $50,000 fellowship provided by Janssen Pharmaceuticals in 2021 to develop new mechanisms for data collection to enhance the Caprini Risk Score (CRS) and reduce the incidence of venous thromboembolism (VTE) leading to fatal pulmonary emboli (PE) – the leading preventable cause of death in hospitalized patients.