Abstract Submission Now Open!
Submission Deadline: August 25, 2023 at 5:00 PM ET
AVF only accepts electronic abstract submissions via the official abstract submission website. No more than two abstracts from the same institution will be selected for speaking slots (oral presentations and quick shots).
New to VENOUS2024: Prizes for Winning Abstracts!
This year, the AVF has added prizes for top abstracts winners of the plenary and poster presentation session.
The lineup of prizes include:
- Best Abstract/Oral Presentation: All expenses paid (travel and registration) to present your abstract at the 2024 European Venous Forum meeting!
- 2nd Place Abstract: $500 cash prize
- Best Poster: $300 cash prize
- 2nd Place Poster: $250 cash prize
- AVF only accepts electronic abstract submissions via the official abstract submission website. No more than two abstracts from the same institution will be selected for speaking slots (oral presentations and quick shots).
- All work submitted to the AVF Annual Meeting must be original and not previously published or presented. All work at the time of presentation at the Annual Meeting must also be original. All authors must attest that the presentations given at the meeting have never been presented or published before the date of presentation at the AVF Annual Meeting. Those found to be in violation of this policy will be prohibited from presenting at the AVF Annual Meeting for the next two years.
- Titles need to be submitted in Title Case (Not ALL CAPS, and not Sentence case).
- Abstract length is 425 words or less, excluding title and authors.
- Each table and/or graph will count as 25 words in the total word count. (Limit two images per abstract). If you do upload a table or graph it is mandatory that it has a title and the table or graph is referenced in the abstract components section.
- All uploads (tables/graphs) must be cited within the abstract text.
- All uploads must be in jpeg or png format ONLY.
- Three presentation types will be offered, you will need to select one: Oral Presentation, Quick Shot Presentation, or Poster Presentation. Your presentation will be given every consideration for the category selected; however, the final determination will be made by the Program Committee.
- The following submission categories will be offered, you will need to select the one that best fits your abstract: Basic Science, Diagnostic Testing and Imaging, Superficial Vein Disease, Chronic Deep Venous Disease (Obstruction/Reflux), Pelvic Venous Disease, Venous Thromboembolism/IVC Filters, Lymphedema, Wound Care, Vascular Medicine, Venous Healthcare Inequities and Miscellaneous.
- Abstracts must be submitted with 4 components: Background, Methods, Results, and Conclusion.
- No reference should be made in the abstract to the names or institutions of the authors.
- All accepted Oral Presentations will be published in the Journal of Vascular Surgery: Venous and Lymphatic Disorders
- Announcements of accepted and rejected abstracts will be made in late September/early October.
- Complete instructions for presentations will be provided with your notification of acceptance.
- ALL presenting authors ARE REQUIRED to register/pay for their attendance at the meeting (full meeting registration, based on your AVF membership status).
For questions regarding the AVF 36th Annual Meeting, contact AVF at 855-836-6871 or [email protected]