2023 Fall Fellows, Residents & Early Career
Course in Venous Disease
On behalf of the American Venous Forum, we invite you to join us for the 2023 Fall Fellows, Residents and Early Career Course in Venous Disease to be held October 13-14, 2023 at the Englewood Hospital & Medical Center, Englewood, NJ. This unique, non-CME program features small groups, live patient cases and hands-on workshops within an informal, collegial atmosphere. Approximately 40 residents, fellows, APP’s and early career venous physicians from around the country will join a faculty of venous disease experts and representatives from sponsoring companies to learn and grow as venous professionals within this highly interactive environment.
This program is presented for the benefit of residents, fellows. APP’s, and early career physicians within the specialties of vascular surgery, interventional radiology, interventional cardiology, vascular medicine, general surgery and associated programs. The course program will cover:
- Anatomy and pathophysiology of venous disorders and noninvasive diagnostics
- The evaluation and treatment of patients with chronic venous insufficiency – both superficial & deep
- Live ultrasound and sclerotherapy demonstrations
- Interactive case presentations
- The business of venous disease
- Provide attendees cutting edge knowledge in effective clinical management of venous disease
- Foster meaningful dialogue between venous thought leaders, physicians-in-training and physicians new to the field of venous and lymphatic disease.
- Provide attendees with hands-on experience with the latest tools and techniques available to treat venous and lymphatic disease.
MD, FACS, FABVLM
Steven Elias, MD, FACS, FABVLM is director of the Center for Vein Disease at Englewood Hospital. He is board certified in venous and lymphatic medicine and in general surgery and completed a fellowship in vascular surgery at Englewood Hospital. Educating new and current practitioners is the cornerstone of Dr. Elias’s commitment to modern vein care and its impact on patient outcomes. He is the founder of the AVF Fellows Course and the medical editor of the AVF’s VEIN Specialist newsletter. Dr. Elias’s clinical interests include all aspects of minimally invasive vein care; he is also committed to procedure development and teaching. He has lectured, written, and taught about vein disease both nationally and internationally. He has been principal investigator/investigator on numerous clinical trials and performed the first ClariVein procedure on a human.
Eric Hager MD, FACS is an Associate Professor of Surgery at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. He is the co-director of venous services and the Chief of Vascular Surgery at Saint Margaret’s Hospital. He is an Advisory Dean in the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine and is actively involved in resident education and training. He currently is the chair of the digital Media Committee and the Postgraduate Education Committee in the American Venous Forum.
Dress for this course is casual, including dinners.
The most convenient airport is Newark Liberty International (EWR) which is approximately 25 miles away. While LaGuardia is geographically closer, travel time and the potential for delays is higher.
- Physician-in-Training – AVF Member (Resident/Fellow)* $0
- All Physicians-in-Training must be members of the AVF. If you are not a member, please join the AVF for only $35 so that you can participate in this course and receive the scholarship.
- * Trainee scholarships provide up to $500 in air travel reimbursement and 2 free hotel room nights. You must be an AVF Physician-in-Training member AND be registered by September 22nd in order to receive the scholarship.
- * All trainees are REQUIRED to provide a $250 deposit to secure your spot in this course that will be returned to you at the time of arrival.
- AVF Members (Allied Health/PA/NP/etc., Recent Graduates, Physicians) = $149
- Non-Members = $499
The Clinton Inn Hotel & Event Center Tenafly NJ
145 Dean Drive
Tenafly, New Jersey 07670
Trainees and Fellows: Thursday and Friday night hotel rooms are included in the scholarship. The AVF will reserve your hotel room for you.