Distinguished Fellow Member
Distinguished Fellow Membership – $575
AVF Distinguished Fellow Membership is bestowed on AVF Physician Members who are in good standing for at least five years. Distinguished Fellow Members are selected for their role in enhancing the AVF by serving on committees and leadership, as meeting faculty, providing educational enhancement for trainees, and advancing venous disease by research or education.
- 1. Membership dues are $575 per year USD.
- 2. Distinguished Fellow Members shall have full membership rights and privileges including the right to vote if dues are paid by the specified deadline for voting qualification, and to serve as an officer and on the Board of Directors of the Corporation as a director.
- 1. Submit an email to [email protected] with a detailed curriculum vitae
- 2. Email three letters of support from Distinguished Fellows of AVF – one from a sponsor and two from endorsers. Please include applicant name and “AVF DF Application” in subject line.
- a. Letters should vouch for the applicant’s character, professional integrity, and standing in the community of venous physicians.
- b. Letters of support should outline the eligibility of the applicant in one or more of the following areas:
- i. General Criteria: Sustained contributions, broad recognition of excellence and competence. The Committee may invite independent reviews
- ii. Research and Scholarly Activities: Original basic and/or clinical contributions that advance the field of venous and lymphatic disease, publications in peer-reviewed quality journals, continued grant support or research awards, independent investigations, service on grants review panel or editorial boards, invited lectures and visiting professorships
- iii. Clinical Practice: Demonstrated commitment to venous and lymphatic disease in their clinical practice, recognized leader in the clinical care of patients with venous and lymphatic disorders
- iv. Service to the AVF: Service on AVF Committees and/or Board of Directors, participation as Meeting Faculty at AVF sponsored educational programs, contributions to AVF publications, service in AVF leadership positions
- v. Professional Service: Exemplary role model, leadership positions in regional or other national vascular societies
- vi. Education: Evidence of ongoing academic productivity, formal evaluation or awards, publications on issues dealing with education, academic rank, track record on mentoring