Distinguished Fellow Status
AVF Distinguished Fellow Status is bestowed on AVF Physician Members who have been in good standing for at least five years. Distinguished Fellows are selected for their role in enhancing the AVF mission by serving on committees and leadership, participating as meeting faculty, providing educational opportunities for trainees, and advancing venous disease through research or education.
- Submit an email with “AVF DF Application” in the subject line to [email protected] with the following:
- A detailed curriculum vitae,
- Three letters of support from Distinguished Fellows of AVF – one from a sponsor and two from endorsers.
- Letters should vouch for the applicant’s character, professional integrity, and standing in the community of venous physicians.
- Letters of support should outline the eligibility of the applicant in one or more of the following areas:
- i. General Criteria: Sustained contributions, broad recognition of excellence and competence. The Committee may invite independent reviews
- ii. Research and Scholarly Activities: Original basic and/or clinical contributions that advance the field of venous and lymphatic disease, publications in peer-reviewed quality journals, continued grant support or research awards, independent investigations, service on grants review panel or editorial boards, invited lectures and visiting professorships
- iii. Clinical Practice: Demonstrated commitment to venous and lymphatic disease in their clinical practice, recognized leader in the clinical care of patients with venous and lymphatic disorders
- iv. Service to the AVF: Service on AVF Committees and/or Board of Directors, participation as Meeting Faculty at AVF sponsored educational programs, contributions to AVF publications, service in AVF leadership positions
- v. Professional Service: Exemplary role model, leadership positions in regional or other national vascular societies
- vi. Education: Evidence of ongoing academic productivity, formal evaluation or awards, publications on issues dealing with education, academic rank, track record on mentoring