AVF Core Values & AVF Pledge
AVF Member Pledge
Membership Pledge of the American Venous Forum:
As a condition of membership in the American Venous Forum, I pledge:
- To practice evidence based venous and lymphatic medicine and/or surgery with integrity, courtesy, and compassion.
- To provide appropriate care in the best interest of my patients
- To treat all without bias.
- To maintain confidentiality in my patient and professional interactions.
- To collaborate, cooperate and respect my professional colleagues.
- To participate in scientific knowledge and continuing medical education in the art and science of venous and lymphatic practice.
- To provide accurate information without purposeful misrepresentation concerning venous and lymphatic disease to my patients and the public.
- I make this pledge freely and upon my honor.
AVF Principles of Ethics
Members of the American Venous Forum are committed to observing and promoting the highest standards of ethical conduct in their professional affairs.
The ideals and principles of the American Venous Forum should guide the conduct of those who belong. These ideals and principles are listed below and they are affirmed by the Membership Pledge of the American Venous Forum.
- Faithfully abide by the Articles of Incorporation, bylaws and policies of the organization as a full active member.
- Exercise reasonable care, good faith and due diligence in governing and managing affairs.
- Fully disclose, at the earliest opportunity, information that may result in a perceived or actual conflict of interest when engaging in endeavors such as research or presentations relating to the AVF (See Section on Conflict of Interest).
Professional Excellence – Integrity
- Maintain a professional level of courtesy, respect, and objectivity in all matters and activities in your practice and within the AVF.
- Strive to uphold those practices and assist other members of the AVF in upholding the highest standards of conduct.
Personal Gain – Self-Dealing
- Exercise the powers invested for the good of all members of the AVF organization and the venous and lymphatic medical community rather than for personal benefit.
Equal Opportunity – Diversity – Inclusivity
- Ensure the right of all members to access benefits and services without discrimination on the basis of culture, geography, political, religious, socio-economic aspects. sexual orientation, national origin, race, religion, age, political affiliation or disability, in accordance with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- Respect the confidentiality of sensitive information known to AVF members and used for the purposes of governance and management.
Collaboration and Cooperation
- Respect the diversity of opinions as expressed or acted upon by the committees and the AVF membership, and formally register dissent as appropriate.