Venous2022 Physician-in-Training Scholarships
The American Venous Forum Foundation to award 15 scholarships for VENOUS2022 – the AVF Annual Meeting!
As a tangible expression of our commitment to our Core Values, the AVF and AVF Foundation are pleased to announce our inaugural VENOUS2022 Physician-in-Training Scholarships. We will award 10 US scholarships and 5 International scholarships that will cover VENOUS2022 registration fees and 2 nights lodging at the Omni Orlando – our host hotel.
Scholarship awardees will be assigned an AVF member as a mentor to collaborate with while at the meeting. Specific programming and events aimed at trainees will be offered. Trainees are encouraged to participate as author or co-author of an abstract submitted for consideration for presentation at the meeting, but this is not required and will not be factored into the award decision.
The AVF and AVF Foundation are committed to providing a culturally diverse educational environment and equal opportunities for all members. Applications from veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, minorities, and members of other underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged.
- Be a current Resident or Fellow at the time of application as well as in February 2022
- Be an AVF member as of July 1, 2021 or be sponsored by a current AVF member
- Commit to attend VENOUS2022 – the AVF Annual Meeting in February 2022 and actively participate in the meeting, especially during all trainee sessions and activities
- Acknowledge that awardee will be responsible for their own costs in excess of the scholarship award
- A brief essay (less than 250 words) detailing
- Your interest in venous disease; how it developed, current experience, and future goals
- How this scholarship and participation at the AVF Annual Meeting will serve you and your patients
- A copy of your CV
- A letter of recommendation from your program chair
Submissions must be received no later than September 30, 2021.